Monday, 2 January 2012

Writing Resolutions

It's another New Year so here are my writing resolutions:

1) Facebook and Twitter are great fun and the people I meet there are brilliant but it is not writing. I will be spending more time exploring my twisted imagination than social networking. Write more witter less...

2) I could well be wrong but I can't escape the nagging feeling that tweaking your Amazon profile, joining Linked-in, changing the colour scheme on your website is no substitute for actually visiting schools and talking to children, teachers and librarians. So I'll be starting a major school visit offensive!

3) I also need to tweak my Amazon profile and do something about my website too...

4) I'm going to get out more. Literally. The last 12 months has seen a marked decline in my running time and I reckon that I have my best ideas when I'm out in the open.

So, all achieveable, not too much. What re your resolutions?




8 comments:

Kate said...

I decided not to make any - then I won't feel guilty for breaking them within a week :-)

Michele Helene said...

Mine are pretty much the same as yours... apart from 2,3 and 4 that is. Happy new year Jon.

Jon M said...

Cheers Michelle and Kate, Happy New Year!

Vesper said...

To write more, yes, much more!

Happy New Year, Jon! :-)

DOT said...

Mine is to read others' resolutions. Already I am keeping it - and so early in the year.

Mark Jones said...

I don't make them. I just aim to get better at everything, though if I improve too much I might become too awesome and form an awesomeness black hole and suck the universe into oblivion.

It'll be awesome.

Jon M said...

Mark, you are always, as ever... awesome!

Jon M said...

Happy New Year Vesper. DoT too, you're clever!