Monday, 21 November 2011

ANOTHER SCBWI CONFERENCE









It's that time of year again! The SCBWI Conference held  in Winchester every November is one of the highlights of my year. This was my fifth conference and it not only gives me the chance to hear from best-selling authors such as Frank Cottrell Boyce and Anthony McGowan but also to catch up with friends and acquaintances in the writing world.

I say it every year but the SCBWI Annual Conference put me on that long and winding road to publication. This year my favourite quotable quote was from Mr Cottrell Boyce and it went along the lines of, "If you plan hard, you get what you planned for. If you let go, you might get what you never imagined!" Which I kind of subscribe to at the moment as I'm making a number of leaps of faith.

Congratulations to the organising team for another superb event. If you're an aspiring or perspiring writer, you really should go.

Of course I forgot to take my camera along!

1 comment:

funnygirl123 said...

You are coming to my school on Thursday 1st of march, Orimston Bolingbroke Academy!