Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Exciting News!



The thing about writing is it involves a lot of waiting. I've been bursting to mention this for a while now but have held off until it's official so here it is:

May 3, 2011


International rights:

UK Children's

MORTLOCK author Jon Mayhew's THE (MANY AND VARIED) DEATHS OF JEB MARNEY, about a boy healer who, accused of murder, sets off on a quest through Victorian Britain to find the seven fragments of the Grim Reaper's scythe blade, only to discover that each piece is guarded by one of Death's multiple identities and that he has been manipulated into a mission which will lead to the hideously unpleasant deaths of all humanity, to Ele Fountain at Bloomsbury Children's UK, in a two-book deal, for publication in Spring 2013, by Sarah Davies at the Greenhouse Literary Agency.

I'm so lucky to be represented by Greenhouse Agency and to be writing for Bloomsbury! And to be writing some more... well... I'm more than chuffed! I'll sign off before the exclamation marks get out of hand!!!

6 comments:

Kat W said...

Congratulations John! Your success is well deserved. And I shall pass on the good news to Jess.

Kat X

Vesper said...

Fantastic news, Jon! Congratulations!

I don't know why I can't find Mortlock on amazon.ca. It used to be available but not anymore...

Sue Guiney said...

Such wonderful news, and so well deserved! I'm thrilled for you.

Jan said...

Great news and well deserved. CONGRATULATIONS!

HR Harkness said...

AMAZING! Congrats! I am wriggling with excitement to read it!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

That's tremendous!!! Congratulations Jon!! :D YAY!

So very proud of you, again and again. Keep going :D


Best, always,
Scarlett & Viaggiatore