Sunday, 27 March 2011

Wonderful Warwickshire

I was so chuffed that Mortlock won the Warwickshire Book Award. When I started writing it, my hope was that it would be published, maybe by some small publishing house and I'd see my name on the spine and some people would read it and like it. So for loads of children to read it, vote for it, champion it, and even perform a presentation based on it, was humbling to say the least!

Mrs M often expresses our feelings through the medium of pies and so we had a big Sunday dinner today and this was the apple pie:


If you look closely, you'll see the bear and the ragged staff in the pastry. The bear has a little 'M' on his tummy.



Just to make the point a little more, here's the poster in the background too!
I'm so grateful to everyone who championed Mortlock and can't wait to get down to see you all!

5 comments:

Candy Gourlay said...

So well deserved, Jon! Especially the pie! Congratulations!

Keren David said...

Great pie! Well done and congratulatons.

karen said...

Huge congratulations! Will you send your wife to my house, please? That pie looks amazing - am salivating.

Michele Helene (Verilion) said...

Yeah, I'd like some of that pie too.

Stella Thebridge said...

Jon
Here in Warwickshire we are thrilled by the pie! Looking forward to seeing you on Friday at Kenilworth Books to give you your award. See you there! Stella (Warwickshire Schools' Library Service)