Monday, 10 January 2011

Incredible!


I nearly choked on my porridge this morning when I saw the announcement from Waterstones. Mortlock is shortlisted for the Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2011!


I'm so thrilled about this. It's brilliant. I've had incredible support from local independent bookshops but I have to say that the staff at my local Waterstones store have been passionate champions for Mortlock too.


And to be placed in a list with such accomplished writers. I've met Irfan Master whose book A Beautiful Lie came out this month and I know Candy Gourlay through SCBWI and Tall Story was one of my favourite books last year. It'll be a stiff competition.


But it's wonderful to be on the shortlist and I get to go to London and hopefully I'll  meet Anthony Browne! All very exciting!

6 comments:

Michele Helene (Verilion) said...

You're on the shortlist because Mortlock is brilliant! It's one of the best books I read last year. I've got to admit to being a wee bit jealous that you get to meet Anthony Browne though.

kathryn evans said...

Two of my favourite books and two of my favourite authors. Am beyond thrilled for you and Candy - it's so well deserved xxx

Sue Guiney said...

This is all so fabulous, and so well deserved! Enjoy it all.

brokenbiro said...

Congratulations, Jon! Fingers crossed for you!

Poetess said...

Its a long time since I checked in to the blogging world of Poetess. And there you are with a published book and shortlisted too. Well Done you.
Poetess

Jon M said...

Hi guys, You're all too kind! Poetess! Long time no see! :o)