Tuesday, 4 January 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well, 2011 is here and today is a special day for Mortlock as it comes out in paperback! It doesn't seem that long ago that I had the vague image in my mind of a boy, an undertaker's mute, who could raise the dead. The seeds of Mortlock as it turned out.

2011 looks to be an exciting year! With a Mortlock short story published on the website each month in the run-up to the publication of The Demon Collector in hardback in March. I'll publish a link soon.



Excitement too as Mortlock has been shortlisted for at least six regional awards so who knows what this year holds?

My writing resolutions?

For a start, I'm going to try to keep this blog more up-to-date! You wouldn't think I used to blog everyday!

To make sure that I ENJOY my writing. Publishing is a business, I know and a professional approach is essential but it ain't worth it if it becomes a chore. It can be hardwork, it can be challenging, I don't mind that but I intend to keep it...magic!

To stop using the word, 'had.' It should be banned and had been until recently... doh!

That'll do for now. What're your resolutions?

5 comments:

Alex said...

Happy New Year Jon! Congrats on the award nominations, you must be very excited ^.^ I have a copy of the Demon Collector here which I'm very much looking forward to reading.
My resolution this year is to learn to get my motorbike license and get to Japan *grins*
Looking forward to seeing your blog updated more :D

KMLockwood said...

Resolution 1 - leave a positive comment on every blog I read
Resolution 2 - just write the flipping thing!

Bravo on Mortlock, Jon - I saw it as no. 14 on a children's chart in a motorway services recently, and the cover came second in some poll or other ( I liked it better than the firstprize winner) - and a Happy New Year to you too.

Jon M said...

Alex: Motorbike? Japan? Good luck and I hope you love the Demon Collector! :o)

KM: Cheers! And just writing the flippin thing is the key!

Tom G said...

Hi, you were At my school yesterday and I'm already most of the way through Mortlock, I just can't put it down! It's brilliant and thanks for the signed copy of Demon Colector too! I Wish you the best of luck in the awards as do all my friends!
Tom

Jon M said...

Hi Tom,
Thanks! It's inspirational to get such encouragement from you and your friends! I hope we meet again soon!