Tuesday, 20 July 2010

My Spot Blog...

Last Saturday found me scribbling in books in Waterstones, Liverpool 1. Adam who heads up the Children's Section kept me well supplied with coffee and conversation.


Alfie, my son, came along as official photographer. It became apparent that I pull an amazing number of faces while I'm talking...




I also got to meet one of my heroes... Spot. I even sang him a song and he danced for me! He got a bit over excited at that point and had to be removed from the shop.


Apparently we were the second highest seller in the shop that sunny scouse afternoon... Peter Mandelson pipped me at the post... Bet he's never met Spot though...

5 comments:

DOT said...

I have always thought of Mandelson as a spot, certainly a pustule on the body politic.

And congrats on your sales. I am keeping an eye out for Mortlock in my local bookstores. Will post a pic when I spot (there's that word again) it.

kathryn evans said...

Lollity Lol - you should have set Spot on Mandy's ankles.....

KMLockwood said...

I'd much rather meet an over-excited Spot than Mandelson.

Jon M said...

DoT: Cheers! I was in Durham today and boldly walked into waterstones and offered to sign their copies. they were made up!

Kathy: Spot was very naughty, Mandy wouldn't have stood a chance.

KM: With you there. But rather chillingly, I happened to glanced into a stockroom on the way out and Spot lay on the floor...all...flat as if his insides had...gone... horrible!

DJ Kirkby said...

Great post. I want to meet Spot!