Sunday, 18 April 2010

Martin Carthy & Eliza Carthy - Bows of London

Thursday found me in the back room of a pub listening to Martin Carthy. Martin is one the (if not THE) most influential figures in English traditional music. He's an incredible guitar player too.

In various interviews recently, I've prattled on about the influence of traditional songs on my imagination. Sitting there listening to Martin sing Sir Patrick Spens, Jim Jones, Prince Heathen and so many others, it struck me just how important these songs are to my stories.

The video is six minutes long. Listen to the story, you won't notice them pass.

2 comments:

Judy Goddard said...

How wonderful! I know the song but haven't heard it in a long time. And I've enjoyed Martin Carthy for quite a long time as well.

Traditional music is a passion of mine.

Thanx for sharing.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Didn't know it, liked it very much.

...when do we get more videos of you playing music?


Scarlett & Viaggiatore