Monday, 5 April 2010

Book Birthday

So today is Monday April 5th. Mortlock's official publication day. There were times when this day seemed so far off, I thought it would never arrive.

After all the fuss of the launch party and the trip down to London, it could all seem to be something of an anticlimax.

But I'm thinking of when I first wrote Mortlock, in its rawest form. Shaped it through Cornerstones, submitted it it to publishers and agents who told me it 'left them cold' or 'wasn't their cup of tea.' I'm thinking of the excitement of that first bite of interest, of the long waiting and the final validation.

So today is a day for a smile of satisfaction and maybe a trip to a bookshop somewhere to scan the shelves and introduce myself to a bookseller... 

Oh, and then getting ready for a knees-up on Saturday. You've gotta have a Northern launch! I'll be signing books again at Waterstones in Chester on Saturday April 10th between 11:30 am and 3pm. Don't worry we'll have you back home in time for the Grand  National!

8 comments:

Nicky S (Absolute Vanilla) said...

I'm here to officially announce that Mortlock is brilliant! Soooo enjoyed it, Jon!
Doesn't it boggle your mind when you think back to people saying, "it left them cold" that you've now ended up here, with the book on the shelves and people telling you how much they like it? Hope you kept all those early rejections so you can blow raspberries at them! ;-)

Caroline said...

Happy Publication Day! See you on Saturday, as B is very excited about getting his mits on his very own copy x

Dulcinea Norton-Smith said...

Now officially halfway through and loving it. Well done Jon!
Dulcie
x

Nothingman said...

You've come a long way man :D If I find your book in local book stores, i'm buying lot of copies :D

I'm happy for you!

Rock on!

N

SueG said...

I've got mine and am halfway through reading it, and I love it! I'm so excited for you. And I was going to write and ask if I could interview you for my blog? I'm trying to do more and more interviews and I'd love to have you on-board. I already have lots of questions in mind. Would that be of interest? If yes, you can email me at sue@guineyuk.com

In any case, hurray for you!

JJ Beattie said...

Really wish I could be there. Have a fabulous time. My copy of Mortlock is winging its way to Bangkok right now.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Can't believe it's finally official.
So glad.
So proud.
So excited.

Sending you high fives and big lion hugs from all the way over here. Keep going, keep on going.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Megan said...

Just GIANT Congratulations Jon - you are an inspiration.
Cheers to you Mr, so pleased you're enjoying every minute (-: