Thursday, 11 February 2010

Word Explosion


The picture is from an 1835 text call The Death of Cock Robin. It has nothing to do with anything apart from I use some extracts from it in Mortlock.

Anyway!Thanks to the wonderful Mickmouse I am appearing in darkest Bude and Bodmin next Tuesday! It's the Word Explosion a new children's literary festival. I'll be leading some young souls through the more gory and spooky of this island's ballads and shamelessly promoting Mortlock into the bargain.It's a new experience and obviously, I'm quite nervous as well as excited by the prospect. Do I take my mandolin? Will they understand my 'plazzy-scouse' accent? Are there really werewolves in Bodmin as Sarwat asserts?

Another thing that struck me, though was the power of the internet. You see, this particular booking came about because of my blog. I wouldn't have had contact with the aforementioned Mickmouse were it not for the fact that we both blog. It's a truly wonderful thing!

8 comments:

JJ Beattie said...

It is a truly wonderful thing. I heart blogging very much.

All the very best of luck with the Bude/Bodmin gig - I hope you'll come back and tell us if you could understand their accents!

Miriam Halahmy said...

That's great Jon, its encouraged me to persevere with my blog. Hope the gig goes really well.

Michelle (Mickmouse) said...

Really looking forward to having you hear in sunny Cornwall. No werewolves in Bodmin - but we do have a beast!! Anyway you are doing the gig in Bodmin in the most haunted building in the area...maybe that is a little more scary???
Drive carefully and see you Monday
Michelle
xx

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jan said...

That's great news re Bodmin.
I mentioned you to KS on Tues and I'm sure she'll be in touch.

Jon M said...

JJ: You're right from the first booklaunch I attended (Caroline's...yes I still owe you a drink!) to launching a writerly career, it's all blog magic.

Miriam: Do persevere!
Michelle: Looking forward to it!
Jan: Ace!

Nicky S (Absolute Vanilla) said...

ah for the synchronocity that exists in the blogosphere. Have a wonderful time "down south" and watch out for those werewolves!

Jon M said...

Nicky: I'll try me best!