Saturday, 2 January 2010

Happy New Year

Apologies for my absence. Family illness has meant that 2009 ended pretty horribly and 2010 began in much the same way.

But we look to the future and what should be a memorable year for more positive reasons.

This year I become a published author.
Mortlock will hit the book shelves on April 5th.

If it's okay with you I'll just hug that warm, cozy thought and let it fuel my smiles. I'll soon be into thinking about launch parties and such. I have a few ideas already!

My resolutions? Well I always set myself achieveable goals so how about:

To run more. My running has ground to a halt this year so I need to get back out there and work off the pounds that inevitably crept back on during my inactivity! So half an hour a day?

To get a little more discipline into my writing schedule. I have one writing day per week and December saw it used up in various fun but non-productive ways! I want to use it for writing!

To assume good intent. I always do this one every year and, by and large, manage to keep to it but I assume in the first instance, that everyone I meet is reasonable, well-meaning and not trying to do me down, rob me or make my life a misery. It's worked so far so I'll keep that one too.

So Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog. Let's hope it's kind to us and make it the best we can!

And your resolutions are?

8 comments:

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

So sorry to hear about onlyest daughter, Jon - but here's looking forward to the lauch of Mortlock! Can't wait to read it - it's been a long ride and this is another beginning! Wishing you a totally fantabulous 2010, success and good health to you and all your family!

Caroline said...

Thoughts are with you all x

But, also, I am TRULY excited about getting my mitts on Mortlock this year. Put me down for a few copies! x

DOT said...

Hope the illness is soon recovered from and forgotten.

I'm looking forward to April and my copy of Mortlock too. It's not a bad way to enter a new year, knowing your book will be published.

JJ Beattie said...

Heard the news of your daughter on FB. Hope that she is well on the mend now.

I can't wait to read Mortlock too, and to pass it on to my son.

What excitement you have ahead of you...

HNY to you too.

SueG said...

as they say in school exams "all of the above." Glad to see you here and sense your relief that the worst is over for your daughter. Can't wait to read Mortlock and help you spread the news however possible. I have high hopes for us all in 2010. xo

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Very sad about your daughter, but relieved that she is home & better! Hope it stays so.

I hadn't realized you were running less; you run so often! More will be very good for you! You haven't been in a race in a while, have you?

SO excited for Mortlock!!

May this new year bring you so much happiness and joy, more than you've known yet.

XO
Scarlett & Viaggiatore

kathryn evans said...

Excellent resolutions - I have only one. To remember that there is more good in my life than bad and to truly appreciate it.

Vesper said...

Happy New Year, Jon!
May it bring, you and your loved ones, good health and joy, and everything your hearts desire!

I'm so looking forward to reading Mortlock!!! :-)