Sunday, 4 October 2009

Darren Shan Tries to Strangle The Opposition!

It all started out so nicely. Mr Shan was signing books at our local Borders store so I thought, "Where's the harm in taking a selection of kids down to get their books signed?"

You have to wait a while to meet Darren Shan. He's very popular. My own theory is that part of his success (apart from writing cracking horror) is that he's so approachable and takes time with every punter who comes up with a book (or in my son's case eight books) to sign. Basically he's an all-round good guy.
So imagine my horror at his reaction when I told him about Mortlock...


I just about escaped with my life!

6 comments:

DOT said...

From the last pic it is difficult to get a grip on who is being strangled; judging by the expressions, Mr Shan is self-harming in a hands-around-his-own-neck-fashion

Candy Gourlay said...

he obviously failed or you wouldn't be blogging. he has no idea what a mistake he's made, letting you go!

karen ball said...

Death By Writer Envy. You won't find that in the medical encyclopedia.

Jan said...

Pretty obvious which one is your son!

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

And there I was worried you'd be bitten - frankly, I think you got off lightly - and as Candy says, Darren Shan know no idea the mistake he's made letting you get away!

Mr Vincent said...

Thanks for your vote. I had a quick look around and loved reading some of your posts.

I also like the look of your debut book. I am going to try and track down a proof copy.