Sunday, 25 October 2009

Cover Story

Thanks to everyone who voted for my book cover in Mr Ripley's Book Wars. It was an interesting exercise in galvanising support and a humbling experience when so many people voted for me! Some exciting twists and turns too as Tommy Donbavand's Scream Street cover inched into the lead and I had to send out a plea for help! (I would have voted for Tommy's if my book hadn't been up there!)

The first draft of Book Two (The Demon Collector) is complete and now comes the difficult task of leaving it for as long as possible before rereading and (inevitably) rewriting it. I almost prefer the revision process to the original writing process, having material to shift around and redraft seems so much easier. I'm quite looking forward to that but I have to hold off. Launching straight into it will mean that it's still too fresh in my mind. A bit of distance is what's needed.

I'll start thinking about Book 3 while I'm waiting!

6 comments:

Tommy Donbavand said...

Congratulations! It's a fantastic cover - and I can't wait to read the book!

L-Plate Author said...

Well done Jon. I'm with you on the second draft thing, that's when, for me, it really turns from a pile of words into a book. Well, hopefully it does! x

Absolute Vanilla (and Atyllah) said...

Well done, Jon!
And good luck with the rewrite!

Tam said...

Great! And very well done on finishing book 2. I can't wait to get mine down so I can start fixing it :-)

SarwatC said...

Great seeing you this week and meeting the family. All those Jon clones!
Enjoy the rewriting.

Jon M said...

Tommy, you're a gent and I can't wait to hear what you think about it, over a tankard of frothing ale! So to speak!

L=plate: I like that, turning from a pile of words into a book. Spot on.

Vanilla: you too! :)

Tam: Cheers! I bet your next one doesn't need much fixing! :)

Sarwat: It was ace meeting up too! The joys of moving as a big family! Maybe your AK47 would have found us a few seats! :)