Thursday, 23 April 2009

Doing Anything At The Weekend?

1. Running the London Marathon. I had a huge pasta dinner tonight. The last week of training is always the best. More eating than running!

I'm still on the prowl for sponsors. We've raised over £700 pounds so far and that doesn't include money that Other Brother has raised.


http://www.justgiving.com/mayhewrunners is where to go to donate.


Many of my blog friends from beyond the shores of this Sceptred Isle have asked how they can contribute too. Advice is here.

It's a massive address but shows that it is simple to donate from overseas.

This may be my last marathon, given that training properly requires a huge investment of time. The charity is one close to my heart. If you can spare a few quid, I'd be eternally chuffed!


2. Visiting friends! Including Sarwat Chadda at the Crystal Palace Book Festival. More details here.

3. Collapsing in the back of the car and being driven back up North on Sunday Evening!

5 comments:

DOT said...

The very best of luck to you, Jon! I was going to say 'break a leg' but that might not be appropriate.

SueG said...

Good luck!!!!! I couldn't remember if I donated or not, though I've been meaning to, so I donated again. Happily! (Just goes to show how crazy it's been around here lately). Run fast! Run hard! Have fun! Stay safe!

gary davison said...

Well you should be finished by now Jon! hope it went well, and I'm nipping onto that site to sponsor your for a ten spot, so best of finished it!

Megan said...

I hope it went well Jon - can't wait to hear all about it (perhaps after you've had the best sleep of your life??)

Michelle (Mickmouse) said...

I am full of admiration for you jon, hope it all went well. I get paid next week then I will be off to your site to sponsor you. Hope you can still feel your legs when you are back up North.
Michelle
x